Saturday, January 7, 2012

My first short story

Yesterday I recieved this mail.

Dear Chandrika,


Thank you for taking the time to submit your work to us.


Unfortunately, we aren't able to accept this story for publication. Don't let this get you down, though. There are many possible reasons for turning down a story, and we regularly turn down great work just because it isn't quite right for us. (Due to time constraints, we're unable to discuss reasons for rejecting specific stories.)


The XYZ submissions team.


Do you think this mail is specially written for my story or it is their regular mail in which they just change the name of the author whose work is being rejected?

4 comments:

  1. Its a template they have sending it to all.. How can they be so stupid saying they REGULARY TURN down great work.. if it is GREAT why turn it down..

    Real silly i think.

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandrika,

    LOL. I too have a number of such " so personal sounding " letters.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is their standard letter of rejection. I have a nice collection of these, answers on my job applications.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does sound like a mail template to me!

    ReplyDelete