Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Organic Spinach


“Do not throw away the four removable plastic containers. Give it to me. You can throw away the outer cover that was used to hold them as it breaks in two pieces and can’t be utilised anymore as a dry fruit keeping tray.” I said and took the four little plastic containers, filled them with soil mixed with decomposed manure and put the spinach seeds in them. I watered them regularly and organic spinach grew ready to be cut.

To beat the inflation prices and to get the vegetables grown without fertilizers and insecticides do you think the only option left is to grow them in what ever available containers/ land or there is any other option also?  

4 comments:

  1. thats for everyone of us to follow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chandrika,

    How I wish that our system of growing vegetables and fruit does not use harmful substances! If one has sufficient land, it is good to grow some vegetables.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish more people would actually do this.
    I have not been around for some time, so I have to read you back and forth. And what a lovely new picture of you!

    ReplyDelete